Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Slacking

OK, here is a long awaited summary of Europe. After a good run in Belgium I was looking forward to another crack at it in Germany. Then reality hit me and I realized what a missive advantage it would have ben for me to finish 60th as opposed to 61st in Houffalize. Those extra 55 guys in front of me at the start really get in the way when a course is compsed of 85% single track. I was able to move up into the 60's again, but then had a crash. lost some ime and ended up 81st. Whoopty doo. Then simultaniously crapping my pants and vomiting into the toilet the day before the race in Madrid pretty much eliminated any chance I had of salvaging a good ride and I pack it in and returned to North American with my tail between my legs and some fresh perspective on what it takes in Europe. Simmilarly to cross, one must go to europe with all the advantages stacked in your favor. I think I am figuring out how to do that better, and hopefully by the time the oppertunity rolls around again I wont bung it up. Now back in Cali after a mothers day weekend in Oregon and getting ready for the next NMBS event on Santa Ynez, then a big training block to prepare for the BC bike race and the Next round of east coast MTB races. Thats about it. Our Tomatoe garden is killing it this year, and we have basil, cilatro and sweet onions going as well. Sarah has been weeding like crazy while I am off traveling the globe, so she deserves the credit for the good condition of th platns. Untill the next one. Later on.

Nasty

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They are beautiful countries.

Anonymous said...

guess your tail should be up and wagging again after crushing it in santa ynez!
I want to get a hold of some of that wine you're making!
future