Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bike Ban Lifted

But I am still keeping the spandex ban in effect. It was too nice today to not go out and ride my bike. Hit up all the sweet trails near my house on the MTB today, but rocked the baggys and wool jersey so it didnt really count as a "real" ride. It has been rediculously nice here in Cali for the last 2 weeks. That just mean that as soon as I start training again it is going to start raining and be awful. I guess that is just how it goes. I will take the sun while we have it though. I just spent the last hour putting together my race Schedule for this year. It is going to be action packed. Pretty much hitting all the worlds cups, the BCBR and then World Champs will take up the whole summer. June is pretty open though, so that is nice. I have been efficient at killing time recently. Yesterday Sarah and I loaded up the townies and headed to SF for a day of cruising around town, visiting the California Academy of Science, which was rad, but we missed out on the Planetarium show, so that sucked, and then heading downtown to buy some new pants. Today is a lab work day for Sarah so after my ride I stopped in there to get digital and hang out for a bit. Anyways, looks liek the spandex ban will be lifted on wednesday or thursday, but that all depends on what the weather does.


Nasty

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it really 70s in santa cruz and sunny?

Barry Wicks said...

yes it is. actually 77 if you believe the thermometer on my deck

the fat guy who rides said...

lucky, the high was around -5 here in wisconsin.

Maverick said...

yep, we had -14 this morning! Enjoy your warmth!

EB said...

Gotta Love the Midwest!

Anonymous said...

spandex ban still on?