Sunday, April 16, 2006

On again off again

The weather, my legs and how it feels to live in California. That about sums it up. It has been a pretty wet week but on Thursday it was super sunny and warm so I went out for a good 5 hours, got super sunburned and had a blast. All these sweet roads are closed to traffic right now due to the hills falling down from the rain so stuff that usually sucks to ride is awesome because I can ride in the middle of the road and not get buzzed by crappy california drivers in their smelly cars.BTW, sunblock workes even if you apply it after the fact. I forgot it on thursday, got super roasted but when I got hoem i slathered it all over my self and then again before bed and by the next day you couldnt even tell I had been out in the sun. Crazy! Friday I was pretty worked and only did about 2.5 hours at a snails pace. Then yesterday I felt great, did 4 hours and tons of climbing and then today I almost died trying to pedal my MTB up a hill so turned around and came home. Weird stuff, but if the same schedule continues I should be good for 2 of the three days next weekend, hopefully anyways. Tonight we are going to have a BBQ out back and then shoot some bb guns. 4 more days untill another race, I can hardly wait. Untill then, ride, rest and eat some taocs.

Nasty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Barry,
Thought you might like to see your backside after the Sea Otter TT.

http://www.trailwatch.net/norba06/seaotter/pages/image040.html

Cheers,
Dave from Boston

Anonymous said...

Was the chemistry crowd able to kill the keg?

Anonymous said...

not yet....